incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Report reviews
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:58:01 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I reviewed the submitted project reports for April. I'm not sure if
> people are actively following the page or the diffs, so here's a
> summary of my review.
>
> OK:
>
> * CouchDB
> * PDFBox (I'm a mentor)
> * Tika (I'm a mentor)
>
> OK with comments:
>
> * CXF - Good luck for the TLP!
> * Imperius - Issues before graduation?
> * JSPWiki - Issues before graduation?
> * Qpid - Did you understand the IPMC concerns about diversity? The
> report seems to indicate otherwise. Also missing: Qpid is ...?
> Incubating since?
> * Sanselan - Issues before graduation?
> * Shindig - Issues before graduation?
> * UIMA - Too comfortable in the Incubator? Focus on growing the
> community and on graduating!

Hi Jukka -

We're not at all comfortable and have become recently more "assertive"
in trying to entice other potentially interested parties to come and
join in the development of UIMA.  We completely agree with your point -
we need to focus on growing our community and graduating.  Please send
any good prospective committers / PPMC members our way :-).

-Marshall