incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.2-incubating
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:25:46 GMT
sebb wrote:
> On 11/04/2008, Thilo Goetz <twgoetz@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Daniel Kulp wrote:

>> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-coping-with-sun-jars.html

>> http://incubator.apache.org/uima/svn.html#building.command.line
>>
>>> Any particular reason you don't exclude this dependency in you poms and
>>>
>> then pull in a version that IS available.  Either the 1.1 version from
>> java.net:
>>
>>> http://download.java.net/maven/1/javax.activation/jars/
>>>
>>> or the geronimo-specs version available at central:
>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/specs/
>>>
>>> (In general, I prefer the geronimo specs versions, but it doesn't really
>>>
>> matter)
>>

>>  If that works, it'll be vastly preferable to the manual do-hicky
>>  we have now.  We'll follow up on uima-dev.
>>

> FYI: the Geronimo-specs approach works fine for building JMeter.

I changed the POM in the one project that references the
javax.activation, changing the dependency to
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>geronimo-activation_1.0.2_spec</artifactId>
      <version>1.2</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>

This seems to have done the trick - is that all that we need to do?
This artifact appears to be Apache v2 licensed.

-Marshall