incubator-general mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <>
Subject Re: UIMA release - lots of missing SVN eol-style property settings
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:25:06 GMT
Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Friday 11 April 2008, Thilo Goetz wrote:
>>> Indeed, but see also:
>>> These conventions are generally used by Java projects, e.g. all of
>>> Commons.
>> Yes, and they don't work for us, as I pointed out earlier.
>> There are also settings in there that I find rather doubtful.  What
>> is the point of having eol-style for .bat files set to native?
> So a unix person can edit it without leaving lines that don't have the
> cr/lf (or have to see ^M marks all over the place).   I do all kinds of
> edits to bat files from my Linux box.  However, if they get committed
> with "mixed" styles, some versions of windows complain loudly when you
> try to run them.

Ok, I'll take your word for it ;-)

So how do you handle releases, as I asked in a different mail
in this thread?  If you now extract the code on unix, you have
.bat files with unix eol chars.  I don't think the windows shell
handles that.  Same for .sh files, just the other way around.
I'm sure people have a solution for that, but I don't see it.

[In case this is not clear: we create one distribution with both
.sh files and .bat files.  The distro should work correctly on
unix and windows.  Just so we're all on the same page.]

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message