incubator-general mailing list archives

From Michael Baessler <...@michael-baessler.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.2-incubating
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:17:28 GMT
sebb wrote:
> On 11/04/2008, Michael Baessler <mba@michael-baessler.de> wrote:
>> sebb wrote:
>>  > On 10/04/2008, Michael Baessler <mba@michael-baessler.de> wrote:
>>  >> The Apache UIMA committers ask the Apache Incubator PMC for permission
to publish a new bug fix
>>  >>  release of Apache UIMA version 2.2.2. This release contains bug fixes
of for release version 2.2.1
>>  >>  that was published in December 2007. For details about the fixes, please
have a look at the release
>>  >>  notes.
>>  >>
>>  >>  We had a vote on uima-dev that resulted in 6 binding +1s
>>  >>  (all the committers) and no 0s or -1s.  The vote thread
>>  >>  is here:
>>  >>  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-uima-dev/200804.mbox/%3c47F74B4A.6070201@michael-baessler.de%3e
>>  >>
>>  >>  Please review the release candidate here:
>>  >>  http://people.apache.org/~mbaessler/uimaj-2.2.2/05/
>>  >>
>>  >>  There are subdirectories like:
>>  >>  /bin - contains the binary distribution files
>>  >>  /src - contains the source distribution files
>>  >>  /rat - contains the RAT reports (using RAT 0.5.1) with some comments
>>  >
>>  > Not sure I agree that RELEASE_NOTES don't require an AL header.
>>  > It would not do any harm to add the header.
>>  >

>> Most parts of the RELEASE_NOTES are generated using JIRA, so I thought we can apply
the rule

> Which rule?

What files in an Apache release do not require a license header?

A file without any degree of creativity in either its literal elements or its structure is
not
protected by copyright law; therefore, such a file does not require a license header. If in
doubt
about the extent of the file's creativity, add the license header to the file.

>>  mentioned on at http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html. But if you think it
would be better to
>>  have one, we will add a header next time. Hope that this is not a release stopper.

-- Michael