incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve Apache XAP 0.5.0 Release
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 16:38:56 GMT
On 07/04/2008, Bob Buffone <rbuffone@nexaweb.com> wrote:
> Incubator PM,
>
>  The XAP team has taken into account the feedback from sedd and created
>  two distribution files. The first one is a "framework" package that
>  contains everything anyone would need to use XAP.  The second one is
>  geared towards developers that want to modify and develop XAP itself,
>  this is called "codebase". We are now asking the Incubator PM to approve
>  this release so we can distribute it.
>
>  The release candidate has been posted at:
>  http://people.apache.org/~bbuffone/xap-release/0.5.0-incubator/

There is no need for both tar and tar.gz archives; the tar files
should be deleted
(this should really be done by the build file once it has created the gz).

The archives don't have a top-level directory - normally there is a
directory which includes the name of the product and the version, e.g.
the recent Tuscany RC has:

tuscany-sdo-1.1-incubating
tuscany-sdo-1.1-incubating-src

Where is the SVN tag please?

The RAT report shows a lot of files with "unknown" licenses.

Some of these look like they may have been created at the ASF under
the AL 2.0 license, in which case they should have the requisite AL
headers.