incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Size of websites in incubator.apache.org
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:41:14 GMT

OK.  I've gone ahead and updated the graduation guide to point to the top
level .htaccess file.  (I hope no one minds someone not on the incubator
PMC updating that.)

I also added several of the projects to the .htaccess file.  Basically,
the graduated projects that used a simple .htaccess or a meta-refresh
(yes, a couple are doing that, ick) I've put in the .htaccess.  Thus,
their directories could be removed.

However, a couple projects are using an .htaccess that is much more
complex than a simple "one liner" so I left them as is.  (example:
ftpserver)

Dan

On Wednesday 23 April 2008, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin
>
> <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  AIUI using the top level .htaccess is better for performance so
> > that's what i recommend (but hopefully someone will jump in and
> > correct me if
>
> +1.
>
> (Not having .htaccess at all is actually best; but that requires us
> tweaking the master httpd conf files whenever a PMC wants a redirect -
> doable but feh.)  -- justin

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA
dkulp@apache.org