incubator-general mailing list archives

From Angela Cymbalak <a.cymba...@nechtan.org>
Subject Re: guidance needed: looking into writing a proposal
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 14:17:36 GMT
I am happy to write up the proposal.  The more I read and think about
this project the more I really think that it would be a great one for
Apache to undertake if the appropriate community can be built around it.

The only thing holding up my proposal writing is my concern for the
process.  The process implies that one needs to have a Champion
*before* writing the proposal and finding the Mentors.  I am aware of
whom I can ask to be a Champion but I don't want to overstep my
bounds.  There are two existing projects that I believe a photo
gallery would compliment.  Is a Champion required before submitting
the proposal?

Also, did I miss finding an FAQ on the Proposal process?  I checked
the Wiki and the Incubator Web site.  I don't want to post a lot of
questions that may be answered easily elsewhere.

Thanks,
Angie