incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UIMA release - lots of missing SVN eol-style property settings
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:58:16 GMT
On Friday 11 April 2008, Thilo Goetz wrote:
> > Indeed, but see also:
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn-config
> >
> > These conventions are generally used by Java projects, e.g. all of
> > Commons.
>
> Yes, and they don't work for us, as I pointed out earlier.
>
> There are also settings in there that I find rather doubtful.  What
> is the point of having eol-style for .bat files set to native?

So a unix person can edit it without leaving lines that don't have the
cr/lf (or have to see ^M marks all over the place).   I do all kinds of
edits to bat files from my Linux box.  However, if they get committed
with "mixed" styles, some versions of windows complain loudly when you
try to run them.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA