incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Statements from Qpid mentors would help me decide... [WAS Re: [VOTE] Apache Qpid Graduation as TLP]
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 20:45:09 GMT
On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 10:32 PM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Carl,
>
>  I understand. Please do keep up the good work and continue turning users into devs.
that's what counts end of the day
>  and that's what's exactly we look for in a project that's trying to get out of incubation.

+1

IMHO Qpid is a strong project with a good atmosphere list and growing
community. everyone's done a good job so far.

> We've seen so many fail
>  (example TSIK, WSIL4J, EWS, MIRAE etc...) Please allow us a bit of room to be
> skeptical.

IMHO it's about being convinced that we've done everything we can to
ensure that Qpid will continue to be successful after graduation. it's
great that paul's volunteered to continue to be involved after
graduation: that makes a difference.

> It's excellent that everyone is chiming in. It's a good sign.

+1

- robert