incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Statements from Qpid mentors would help me decide... [WAS Re: [VOTE] Apache Qpid Graduation as TLP]
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 00:38:40 GMT
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:27 AM, Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:21 PM, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com> wrote:
>
>  >  On Mar 26, 2008, at 3:07 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
>
> >  > That seems reasonable since it removes any motivation for
>  >  > "investigation" and is likely to be very rare.
>  >
>  >  I don't think there is a good way for people to tick a box "prefer not
>  >  to tell". Maybe we should work on this angle a bit.
>
>  I think there's definately something to be said for this. In Qpid's
>  case it's not so much about an unwillingness to reveal it (it is,
>  after all, pretty easy to figure out) but about people not being
>  allowed to make things that could be construed as public statements
>  about the company they're employed by.

Oh, and the point I wanted to make was:
I think this is something that will become increasingly common as more
non-software companys Get the Free Software model, and having clear
establish practices for dealing with it will be helpful.

- Aidan (who should be asleep)

http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/
each other."