incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Confluence Based Website Access Control
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:54:11 GMT

On Mar 24, 2008, at 4:45 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Craig Russell wrote:
>
>> IIRC, write access to wiki pages, distinct from write access to an
>> svn
>> repository, is not currently covered in the Incubator policy or
>> guides.
>
> It is a corner case because of technology, not intent.  The
> Confluence-backed web sites are outside of the technology assumptions
> (commit web site to SVN, update server from SVN), but not the intent.
> When Confluence is used to maintain the project's website, the same
> rules
> apply as for other official project assets.

I'm as familiar as most with the policies and guides in the Incubator,
and I was unaware of the Confluence policy. Hence my suggestion that
we close that particular documentation loophole and have everyone
understand the "official project assets" rule.

The Confluence policy [1] isn't any clearer on your rules either. So I
believe we have some work to do.

Craig

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CWIKI/Index

> 	--- Noel