incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject FW: (qpid) Diversity
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 21:14:09 GMT
I'm curious what other incubator folks think about qpid's plan for disclosing the organizational
diversity of their committership/PMC (or if this is even a requirement).

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201

Telephone:      503.224.7496
Cell:           503.997.1367
Fax:            503.222.0185

sdeboy@comotivsystems.com

www.comotivsystems.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Trieloff [mailto:cctrieloff@redhat.com]
Sent: Tue 3/4/2008 1:08 PM
To: qpid-private@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Diversity

Scott Deboy wrote:
> Since there is a significant amount of corporate support in qpid, I'd
> like to see the breakdown of that support in the committership and
> PMC. If this was discussed previously, can you direct me to the thread?
>
> Thanks
>
> Scott Deboy

Scott,

I know from past discussions that some members of Qpid are not allowed
to disclose who they work for. I am sure they will comment. There is no
secret that I work for Red Hat. As I know this is going to come up, to
get through this we might need to let people say there company name or
"not one of the above..."

does that work. The goal is to show one company does not have all the seats.

There is a thread with the broken out, but it does not include company
names.
regards,
Carl.