incubator-general mailing list archives

From "James Margaris" <jmarga...@nexaweb.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Approve Apache XAP 0.5.0 Release
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 00:55:39 GMT
 That particular Rhino jar is the same one we've been using since the
start, so I assume it is the old MPL one.

James Margaris

-----Original Message-----
From: mfncooper@gmail.com [mailto:mfncooper@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Martin Cooper
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:58 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Approve Apache XAP 0.5.0 Release

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 4:01 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip/>

There seem to be several copies of some files, e.g.

> dojo.js.uncompressed.js
> custom_rhino.jar
> flash6_gateway.fla

Hmm, custom_rhino.jar is an interesting one. Prior to version 1.6R5, I
believe Rhino was MPL licensed, and as of 1.6R5 it is dual licensed
under MPL and GPL. It is coming to XAP through Dojo. Do we know which
version of Rhino this is?

If it's 1.6R5 or later, how does a dual MPL / GPL license work in an ASF
project? Does the ASF have to pick one of the licenses, and are we
allowed to do that? Can we distribute something that's potentially GPL
licensed?

--
Martin Cooper