incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release CXF 2.0.5-incubator
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:56:26 GMT

On Mar 31, 2008, at 4:41 AM, sebb wrote:

> On 31/03/2008, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:15 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> -1: there should be NOTICE and LICENSE files at the top level in
>>> SVN.
>
> May I suggest resolving this via Legal discuss?
> It's also pretty easy to add the two files to SVN...

Nice to have but, as I think Guillaume pointed out, still an evolving
issue.  Certainly not deserving a veto.

>>> -1: SVN and the source archive don't agree; there are files and
>>> directories in each that are not in the other.
>>>

> I can understand why you may wish to omit the bin and benchmark
> directories, but I think consumers expect to find everything they need
> in the archives; it should not be necessary to retrieve additional
> files from SVN.
>
> Are the following directories really not needed in the source archive?
>
> distribution/src/main/release/samples/callback/build
> distribution/src/main/release/samples/ws_policy/build
> distribution/src/main/release/samples/ws_rm/build
>
> Also build.xml

Good suggestions to be sure but I think that the Incubator PMC's realm
is with IP clearance and community health.  How subversion directories
are architected seems to be the purvey of the individual community.  I
invite you to join their community to reach a consensus on your
ideas.  This is not the forum to do so.

Regards,
Alan