incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Source tar ball != svn tag (was: Re: [VOTE] Approve release CXF 2.0.5-incubator)
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 00:32:10 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> I assume you mean the following thread:
>
> http://apache.markmail.org/message/jangmpbssvvd73az
>
> Although from memory I don't remember it being conclusive.

Is any thread on general@ really ever concluded, unless someone offers
up a [vote] ;-?

But this statement stands;

"The PRIOR rules said you place/retain copyright notices on each file.
  The NEW policy says you can skip that, move them into a NOTICE. The policy
  *never* granted you the right to remove them altogether, or make the
  providence of the code impossible to track down by placing it [the NOTICE
  and LICENSE] in a meaningless location."

and wasn't disputed.  Anyone care to try?

Bill