incubator-general mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Graduation resolution feedback - Qpid as TLP
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 18:00:38 GMT
sebb wrote:
> On 29/02/2008, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Comments on last version ..
>>
>>  - It looks like you are using a non-applicable template for the board
>> resolution. Take a look at other incubator graduation resolutions.
>>  - Specifically, the paragraph on establishing bylaws isn't applicable,
>>  and the incubator needs to be discharged of responsibility.
>>

> -See below - only half of the above seems to have been addressed.
> Still seems recursive to me, see below.

Take a look below at the update and see what you think... I believe I
have fixed
the recursion you noted.

>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Qpid Project be and
>        hereby is tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended
>        to encourage open development and increased participation in
>        the Qpid Project; and be it further
>
> Is the above paragraph needed?

Checking with our mentors it seems that it is needed. any particular
reason why you
believe otherwise or just asking to be sure?

Updated resolution:

      Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
      of open-source software related to distributed messaging,
      for distribution at no charge to the public.

      Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Qpid Project",
      Foundation; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the Apache Qpid Project be and hereby is
      related to the distributed messaging; a multiple language
      implementation providing daemons and API's for publish &
      subscribe, eventing and a wide range of message distribution patterns
      based on the Advanced Messaged Queuing Protocol (AMQP) and
      related technologies such as (transaction management, federation,
      security, management); and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Qpid" be and
      hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at
      the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
      Apache Qpid Project, and to have primary responsibility for
      management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
      of the Apache Qpid Project; and be it further

      Apache Qpid Project:

        * Alan Conway
        * Arnaud Simon
        * Carl Trieloff
        * Gordon Sim
        * John O'Hara
        * Marnie McCormack
        * Martin Ritchie
        * Paul Fremantle
        * Rafael Schloming
        * Rajith Attapattu
        * Robert Greig
        * Robert Godfrey
        * Yoav Shapira

      NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that
      Carl Trieloff be appointed to the office of Vice President,
      Qpid, to serve in accordance with and subject to the
      direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
      Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
      disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
      further

      RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Qpid Project be and
      hereby is tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended
      to encourage open development and increased participation in
      the Qpid Project; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Qpid
      encumbered upon the Apache Incubator be hereafter discharged.