incubator-general mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduation resolution feedback - Qpid as TLP
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 12:33:06 GMT

El lun, 03-03-2008 a las 12:23 +0000, Upayavira escribió:
> On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 07:13 -0500, Yoav Shapira wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> > > On Saturday 01 March 2008 22:18, sebb wrote:
> > >  > None of the mentors seem to be included.
> > >  > Perhaps this is normal for graduating podlings?
> > >
> > >  Often Mentors have no direct involvement in the codebase being produced, and
> > >  therefor no vested interested of committership/PMC.
> > >
> > >  However, I, as a IPMC member, would expect the mentors to "hang around" the
> > >  graduated PMC (for TLPs) a while after the graduation just to provide support
> > >  if needed, and make sure everything is running smoothly.
> >
> > I don't mind hanging around.  I think the Qpid PPMC is well-entrenched
> > in the ASF ways, so I didn't think this was necessary, but if someone
> > sees it as required, I'll hang around the QPID PMC and offer any help
> > needed.
>
> What I see as important is that there is member representation on the
> PMC. If there is sufficient member representation without you, then no
> problem!

Exactly. Lack of member representation will cause disconnects. Even if a
non-member PMC chair has access to some private channels, there will be
less awareness of their activity in both directions. The worse part of
it is that the lack of awareness will probably reduce the probability of
any of the PMC members to be nominated for ASF membership...
perpetuating the disconnect.

Regards
Santiago

> Upayavira