incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene.Net Comitters
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:01:37 GMT
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 1:26 AM, Michael Garski <mgarski@myspace.com> wrote:

> ... I've been in communication with George Aroush, the sole committer on the
>  Lucene.Net project, and he is bowing out from further involvement....

According to http://incubator.apache.org/projects/lucene.net.html
Lucene.Net has one mentor and one committer, so if that's correct
there's no way to get three +1 votes for a new committer...weird.

> ... We use Lucene.Net on a daily basis and have resources on staff to
>  continue working on and improving Lucene.Net.  With only one committer
>  on the project that is really no longer involved, how do we get new
>  committers elected and 'transfer committership' to new individuals?...

I guess in such a case, the Incubator PMC could decide to vote new
committers in, based on mailing list activity and proposed patches.
Though in that case I'm not sure if your patches are even being
applied?

I don't remember seeing a similar case in the past, did we have such a
situation already?

Another option might be to take the code somewhere else for a while,
work on it, gather a community and come back to the incubator when the
project has gathered some momentum.

-Bertrand