incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Re-election of podling committers before graduation
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:38:20 GMT
On Feb 13, 2008 1:09 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

>... In projects where commit is handed out with ease, and that commit is
> never used, at some point it should be reviewed (and this should happen
> BEFORE graduation, as a precondition of graduation, not as a trigger
> upon graduation)....

Agree with this, and this is similar to what I was initially suggesting.

Several of us in this thread think that this review of commit rights
should not be a re-election as initially suggested, but rather a
process that the podling mentors can run as they see fit: maybe not at
all if all committers are obviously active, by election if desired, or
in any suitable way.

Do people agree on leaving this up to podling mentors, and requiring
that they report on this commit rights review in the podling's
graduation request?

-Bertrand