incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Cezar Andrei" <ce...@bea.com>
Subject RE: [Proposal] NoNameYet : Link Error - please use this link
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 20:31:26 GMT
In my opinion SCA and SDO are two completely different technologies,
even if they can be used together, they address different problems and
as specifications they are developed separately.

I think there are a lot of people looking only at SDO for their
projects, and I'm sure there are others looking at SCA without SDO. I
think having each community focus on their goals would help getting
better organized, develop and independently graduate.

Other than the technology/community point of view, the SDO code is not
dependent on SCA code and as Ant Elder pointed out on Tuscany-user list
(http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-user@ws.apache.org/msg02505.html )
the new infrastructure would seem a better fit.

Cezar