incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Thrift
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:41:13 GMT

On Feb 4, 2008, at 1:15 PM, Martijn Dashorst wrote:

>> And to be quite frank, it feels very counterproductive to me to
>> remove
>> code from the project with full a priori intention of putting it back
>> in.
>

> Are you sure you will get the appropriate ICLA's from all the
> authors that
> have contributed to the whole code base?

I am with Mark - it is counterproductive to throw away code now. Go in
to the incubator with all your existing code base, and work on getting
all missing CLA's. That's what incubation is for. At the end, even if
you fail to clear some pieces, you'll have a hopefully much smaller
scope of the code to rewrite/replace.

> As long as you remember that you can't release or graduate without
> properly
> audited code with a paper trail to the original author of the code.

You can release from the incubator before all IP is cleared.

Andrus