incubator-general mailing list archives

From "kelvin goodson" <kel...@thegoodsons.org.uk>
Subject Re: [Proposal] NoNameYet : Link Error - please use this link
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:56:56 GMT
On 19/02/2008, Simon Nash <nash@apache.org> wrote:
<snip/>

> One topic from the tuscany-user discussion that's worth exposing here
> is whether the NNY project would be a "pure RI" with no extensions
> beyond the spec, or a vehicle for innovation to extend the specs, as
> both Tuscany SCA and SDO have been.  My view is that it will need to
> be at least some of the latter in order to build a sustainable
> community of developers and users.

+1

This will create some challenges
> given that one of the goals of the NNY project is to deliver the
> official JCP RI.
>
>    Simon

 <snip/>

I just asked a question on the jcp-open mailing list to find out how other
projects that do RIs in Apache handle the apparent contention.  It should
appear under a February 2008 heading in the mailing list archive at [1]
shortly.

Kelvin.

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-jcp-open/