incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Graduation resolution feedback - Qpid as TLP
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:35:53 GMT
Hi Carl,

It looks like you are using a non-applicable template for the board
resolution. Take a look at other incubator graduation resolutions.

Specifically, the paragraph on establishing bylaws isn't applicable,
and the incubator needs to be discharged of responsibility.

Craig

On Feb 28, 2008, at 6:20 AM, Carl Trieloff wrote:

> The Qpid community has being working through the process to
> graduate. Before we
> formally have one of our mentors start the vote on the Incubator
> lists we would like
> to invite any additional comments from the general list on the
> resolution.
>
> Background:
> The Qpid community has made releases, had many new commiters join
> the project,
> cleared all legal items and completed a process of cleaning up Karma
> using a community
> process. A community vote has been taken to check the project wants
> to graduate as
> TLP. The Qpid community would thus like to attempt graduation.
>
> Please take a few minutes and provide us feedback on the charter
> before we start the vote
> process.
>
> The Qpid project.
>

> Here is our resolution:

> interests of the Foundation and consistent with the
> Foundation's purpose to establish a Project Management
> Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
> open-source software related to the Apache Qpid Messaging
> implementations, for distribution at no charge to the public.
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
> Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Qpid PMC", be and
> hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and
> be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Qpid PMC be and hereby is responsible
> for the creation and maintenance of the Qpid Messaging
> implementations,
> clients and related software components, based on software licensed
> to the
> Foundation; and for ensuring that the Qpid community pursue its goal
> of
> furthering the adoption of an open network protocol implementation for
> messaging in the spirit of the Foundation; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Qpid" be
> and hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve
> at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
> Apache Qpid PMC, and to have primary responsibility for
> management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
> of the Apache Qpid PMC; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
> hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
> Apache Qpid PMC:
>
> Alan Conway
> Arnaud Simon
> Carl Trieloff
> Gordon Sim
> John O'Hara
> Marnie McCormack
> Martin Ritchie
> Rafael Schloming
> Rajith Attapattu
> Robert Greig
> Robert Godfrey
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Carl
> [...]

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!