incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Thrift
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 13:31:50 GMT
On 2/4/08, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> Sorry, you are right. I just doublechecked Cayenne incubator release
> history, and we did clear all our IP issues before posting the first
> release. Anyways, throwing away the code just to *enter* the Incubator
> is neither required

True

> nor seems like a good approach.

I don't see it any different from starting an incubation with an empty
committers list where all committers need to gain karma, which is a
perfectly valid incubation strategy.

Starting with a clean slate code wise could be a strategy for incubation,
which will alleviate any code provenance issues, and probably be a good
starting point for a prosperous and healthy community.

I'm not saying that thrift must do this, I just provide it as a viable
alternative.

Martijn