incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] NoNameYet : Link Error - please use this link
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 21:26:09 GMT
Actually I'm wrong

The correct wording (I think) is:

..establish a Project Management Committee charged with the creation
 and maintenance of open-source software for distribution at no charge
 to the public, that simplifies the development, deployment and management
 of distributed applications built as compositions of service components.
 These components may be implemented with a range of technologies and
 connected using a variety of communication protocols. This software will
 implement relevant open standards including, but not limited to, the
 SCA and SDO standards defined by the OASIS OpenCSA member section."

Same question applies.

Paul

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 9:24 PM, Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cesar
>
>  The Tuscany project is aiming to have the following charter:
>  charged with
>        the creation and maintenance of open-source software that
>        simplifies the development and deployment of service oriented
>        applications and provides a managed service-oriented runtime
>        based on the standards defined by the OASIS OpenCSA group,
>        for distribution at no charge to the public.
>
>  Are you saying that SDO falls out of that scope?
>
>  Paul
>

>  On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 8:31 PM, Cezar Andrei <cezar@bea.com> wrote:
>  > In my opinion SCA and SDO are two completely different technologies,
>  >  even if they can be used together, they address different problems and
>  >  as specifications they are developed separately.
>  >
>  >  I think there are a lot of people looking only at SDO for their
>  >  projects, and I'm sure there are others looking at SCA without SDO. I
>  >  think having each community focus on their goals would help getting
>  >  better organized, develop and independently graduate.
>  >
>  >  Other than the technology/community point of view, the SDO code is not
>  >  dependent on SCA code and as Ant Elder pointed out on Tuscany-user list
>  >  (http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-user@ws.apache.org/msg02505.html )
>  >  the new infrastructure would seem a better fit.
>  >
>  >  Cezar
>  >
>  >
 of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,
 proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then
delete it.

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair