incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] NoNameYet : Link Error - please use this link
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 17:49:41 GMT
Cezar

I don't think anyone has suggested this code is a fork from Tuscany,
but thank you for making this completely clear.

Is there any reason you aren't willing to do this work under the
existing scope of the Tuscany Incubator project?

Paul

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 6:44 PM, Cezar Andrei <cezar@bea.com> wrote:
> I'd like to add a few words hopefully to clarify a few things:
>
>  The base code BEA is donating to this project is an implementation started from scratch
by me, Radu and Wing Yew as the only contributors, it has nothing to do with Tuscany, so there
is no way this code can be interpreted as a fork from Tuscany. Also, to my best knowledge,
BEA was not involved with Tuscany SDO.

>  I think the best way to go forward would be to unite both the JSR235 and Tuscany SDO
communities under an SDO oriented project. From a code standpoint I don't know how easy/hard
would be to unite the two, but we will not know until we'll work together. How the two code
bases will evolve should be driven by the community. Kelvin sent a message about this on Tuscany
mailing lists a couple of days ago, until now there were only a few but encouraging responses.

>  Cezar Andrei

 I've been caught by this before, so I thought I had taken appropriate action to avoid this
behaviour, but sadly not so, apologies.
>  Kelvin
>  On 31/01/2008, kelvin goodson <kelvingoodson@apache.org> wrote:
>  Hi all,
>
>  We've posted an Apache Incubator proposal onto the incubator wiki
>
>  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/NoNameYetProposal
>
>  We haven't got a good name yet,  SandStorm is a contender, as is Snowdon
>
>  Suggestions and comments welcome,
>
>  Kelvin.
>

>  Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information
 of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,
 proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then
delete it.

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org