incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] NoNameYet : Link Error - please use this link
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2008 09:12:29 GMT
Leo

I am a mentor with Tuscany. I'm not concerned about where Tuscany is
now... I think its growing well and is progressing towards graduation.
However, Tuscany did have a significant fork a while back and this new
proposal has completely confused me: basically its a proposal for part
of what's already being coded in Tuscany by the two companies who
couldn't agree to do it together in Tuscany. As a mentor I feel like
raking this up isn't particularly good for Tuscany, but the fact is
that the new proposal does need addressing in the light of existing
podlings.

Paul

On Feb 2, 2008 2:47 PM, Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com> wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2008, at 3:02 PM, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > Maybe no-one has responded yet because no-one wants to ask the hard
> > questions!
>
> Nah, it's mostly because the mail threading on this thingie was
> broken a few times. It makes things hard to follow. Simon -- please
> use that "reply-to" button in your mailer.
>
> The other immediate problem is the quality of the proposal text. If
> this is to go forward, please rewrite the proposal so that it can be
> readily evaluated by someone who can never remember what Tuscany is
> exactly, is in denial that there's still such a thing as the JCP or
> JSRs coming out of it, and has a healthy bias against fluffy java
> framework stuff.
>
> > Perhaps you can explain why this effort isn't being rolled into the
> > Tuscany work.
>
> So...is anyone else getting completely confused here?
>
> You're one of the tuscany mentors, right Paul? Could you explain what
> has been happening in tuscany-land that has you so concerned? I do
> vaguely remember some kind of problems back in November...what has
> been happening since
>
>    http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/November2007
>
> ?
>
> cheers,