incubator-general mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Subversion vs other source control systems
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:32:00 GMT
On 14.02.2008, at 14:14, Santiago Gala wrote:

> The typical workflow in distributed scm is that authoritative
> repositories pull (as requested and after review) from non-official
> ones, so typically security is easier: no longer lots of people with
> write access, but only a handful, taking changesets from the rest
> of the
> community.

Aye, and this is also the reason why it potentially conflicts with
the meritocratic model of the ASF; furthermore there are also legal
hurdles to cross etc.

In the end I think it's simply too early to discuss all this - let's
wait until some project comes up with a well-prepared and clearly
defined proposal to change their SCM. IMHO this is certainly not a
task for the Incubator or a podling...

Cheers,
Erik