incubator-general mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Graduation resolution feedback - Qpid as TLP
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:34:40 GMT
Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>  RESOLVED, that the Apache Qpid PMC be and hereby is responsible
>>  for the creation and maintenance of the Qpid Messaging implementations,
>>  clients and related software components, based on software licensed to the
>>  Foundation; and for ensuring that the Qpid community pursue its goal of
>>  furthering the adoption of an open network protocol implementation for
>>  messaging in the spirit of the Foundation; and be it further
>>

> Should it be a bit more descriptive wrt to the technical goal of the QPid TLP ?
> The goal of a TLP in the ASF is to deliver software, not to
> "furthering the adoption"
> of anything ...  The ASF does not promote any technology.

Thanks for the feedback, we used ant project as the example as they have
a very nice set of documented practices. On the second part I take the
point on promoting technology, given that - do you think it would be
good/better to explicitly name the specification we implement, or just
make the description more embellished?

Carl.

Carl.