incubator-general mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: Subversion vs other source control systems
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:51:55 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Feb 18, 2008 10:48 AM, Santiago Gala <sgala@apache.org> wrote:
>> outright FUD? Sorry but I don't think there is Fear, Uncertainty or
>> Doubt in this thread. There are several testimonies of good experiences
>
> I feel there has been lots of FUD and if you don't realize that, then
> I recommend taking a step back.

Please define FUD for us, will you? Because I haven't seen one single
iota of FUD on this thread - it has stayed strangely on topic, with good
arguments from both sides, and not once has the discussion gone into
"SCM XYZ often ruins the code base by introducing strange bit
errors"-style "half-lies" which is what I associate with FUD.
   A/k/a "The Microsoft Tactics" in regards to Linux.

Endre.