incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Subversion vs other source control systems
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:25:10 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>> Can you explain what the issue is with Git?
>> Leo already gave a decent explanation.
>> Basically, it comes down to two aspects:
>>   1) infrastructure support
>>   2) cultural bias
> Only the first one is marginally correct, IMO.
> Santiago wrote:
>>> 1. You have to use subversion.

Sorry, I've missed the thread that led to this, so sorry if I'm
repeating others.

I understand that GiT can be used locally as a layer on top of SVN. I
believe this gives you most of the perceived benefits of GiT locally
without the need for a project itself to switch to GiT.

Now, I've never tried this and don't know anyone who has, but thought
I'd flag it in case it is relevant.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message