incubator-general mailing list archives

From Filip at Apache <fha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Re-election of podling committers before graduation
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2008 19:47:30 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Feb 3, 2008 7:36 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>

>> ...Craig has a good point - maybe that 'pruning' process, to the
>> extent it's appropriate, should happen before they start the actual
>> graduation process?
>>
>> The question is how, and it's something no established project has
>> ever figured out, nevermind our podlings :)...
>>

> Hence the suggestion that some of us discussed in December:
> re-electing podling committers is a no-brainer for active people, and
> gives others a chance to step out.

Make it part of the graduation for the contributors in the podling to
decide if they want to continue or not. the folks who have made the
podling successful enough to graduate should not have to be re-elected.
In the other ASF projects, if a committer has not been active, (s)he
gets a chance to decide if (s)he wants to step out, one does not start a
process of re-electing active one. That seems so backwards.

Filip