incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Re-election of podling committers before graduation
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2008 06:36:15 GMT
Filip's point - and I tend to agree, is that we have quite a few
committers in many podling ideas who never translate into actual
contributors.  Maybe the idea excited them, but other things caught
their attention.  Maybe they were an original contributor to the
incoming codebase, but over the course of some year of incubation,
they never found a reason to contribute again.

But Craig has a good point - maybe that 'pruning' process, to the
extent it's appropriate, should happen before they start the actual
graduation process?

The question is how, and it's something no established project has
ever figured out, nevermind our podlings :)

Bill