incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ahmad Khalifa <ah...@khalifa.ws>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] i18n4data Proposal
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2008 03:27:29 GMT
Neng Geng Huang wrote:
> The key of i18n4data is to i18n user's data, not interface message.
> For example, if you are developing an e-shop web site to support two
> languages (English and French), you might have a table to store your
> goods item when you design the data structure:

I don't see the difficulty localizing user data with bundles if you're
talking about single strings.

The limitation I see in bundles are the Key/Value per Lanuage design.
You can not add more attributes to an item, or have multi values per item.

If you just want to move the key/value data from bundles to database
tables, then perhaps you should check out commons-i18n which, as far as
I understand, does exactly what you propose and maybe even a little more.

[1] commons-i18n
http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/i18n/

Regards,
Ahmad