incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ahmad Khalifa <ah...@khalifa.ws>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] i18n4data Proposal
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 17:46:40 GMT

Neng Geng Huang wrote:
> Currently I cannot find any sponsors for this project, so if anyone
> reading this message would like to get on board, it will be really
> appreciated.

I am not a sponsor/mentor, but I would be interested in participating.
I ran into this issue before, when working on this [1]. My main problem
was how to i18n a dropdown menu.

Resource Bundles did not allow you to store multiple values per key, and
they did not have a reverse lookup, i.e. from french value to key.

The solution that I was going to work on, was to move the messages from
ResourceBundles to a database table. Is this a similar approach?

[1] - Business Application Framework.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200801.mbox/%3c4795FBBB.7020507@khalifa.ws%3e

Regards,
Ahmad