incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CouchDB incubator project
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:52:12 GMT
On Jan 31, 2008 3:44 PM, Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1.
> How does the license of erlang (Erlang Public License, which is a Mozilla PL
> derivative)  affect this project?

If we don't bundle Erlang itself (and I presume that we will not),
then not at all.  After all, we have plenty of Java projects at the
ASF which depend on a proprietary (at the time, and as of this
writing, not yet released in an open source license) runtime.

The fact that the Erlang Public License is a MPL derivative may, in
fact, give us additional options, should we want to bundle it.  Again,
I don't presume that we will want to do that, but given the proper
NOTICEs, inclusion of Erlang binaries may be a possibility.

- Sam Ruby