incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release NMaven 0.15-incubating
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:59:46 GMT
On 18/02/2008, Shane Isbell <shane.isbell@gmail.com> wrote:
> On the NMaven dev list, we have passed a vote for our first release. We
> request approval of the release by the IPMC. The 0.15-incubating version
> supports:
>
> 1) Compiling C# projects (2.0 framework)
> 2) Strong Naming
> 3) Generation of assembly info based on pom metadata
> 4) Support for Microsoft and Novell/Mono platforms
>
> Staging repo:
> http://people.apache.org/~sisbell/staging_repo/

The NOTICE files in the jars don't agree with NOTICE.txt in SVN, in
that the Copyright says 2002-2008, whereas NOTICE.txt says just 2007.

Did the project really start in 2002?

Also, the NOTICE file is only supposed to include details of code that
is included in the distribution - not any external dependencies.

The proper heading is:

This product includes software developed by 'etc'

There is no need to itemise the individual projects within ASF.

See http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice for details.

The individual jars seem to have individual NOTICE file headings, e.g. in

maven-archetype-windows-application-0.15-incubating-sources.jar

the heading reads:

maven-archetype-dotnet-windows-application
Copyright 2002-2008 The Apache Software Foundation

Surely the official name of the project is "Apache NMaven" ?

Unless there is some non-ASF code included in the distribution, then
the NOTICE.txt file currently at the root of SVN is all that is needed
for the NOTICE in the jar files.

==

The Manifest.mf files in binary jars should ideally contain the Java
compiler source and target versions.

There's no need for the .asc.mdf and .asc.sha1 files - an .asc file is
only needed to verify the file sig, and if the .asc file is mangled it
won't agree with the file it is protecting.

> Vote Thread:
> http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Release-NMaven-0.15-incubating-td15447003.html
>
> 4  +1 binding (PPMC),
> 1   +1 non-binding
> 0   0/-1
>
> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/nmaven/tags/maven-dotnet-parent-0.15-incubating/

NOTICE.txt says:
"Copyright 2007 The Apache Software Foundation"

That should be
"Copyright 2007-2008 The Apache Software Foundation" - assuming that
the project started in 2007.

There should ideally be a LICENSE file alongside the NOTICE file.

Some of the source files are missing the standard ASF header.