incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] NoNameYet : Link Error - please use this link
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2008 14:47:58 GMT
On Jan 31, 2008, at 3:02 PM, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> Maybe no-one has responded yet because no-one wants to ask the hard
> questions!

Nah, it's mostly because the mail threading on this thingie was
broken a few times. It makes things hard to follow. Simon -- please
use that "reply-to" button in your mailer.

The other immediate problem is the quality of the proposal text. If
this is to go forward, please rewrite the proposal so that it can be
readily evaluated by someone who can never remember what Tuscany is
exactly, is in denial that there's still such a thing as the JCP or
JSRs coming out of it, and has a healthy bias against fluffy java
framework stuff.

> Perhaps you can explain why this effort isn't being rolled into the
> Tuscany work.

So...is anyone else getting completely confused here?

You're one of the tuscany mentors, right Paul? Could you explain what
has been happening in tuscany-land that has you so concerned? I do
vaguely remember some kind of problems back in November...what has
been happening since

   http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/November2007

?

cheers,