incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] NoNameYet : Link Error - please use this link
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2008 18:21:13 GMT
On Feb 3, 2008, at 5:31 PM, Paul Fremantle wrote:

> Meeraj, Jeremy
>
> Please read my note again. At no point did I say or imply that BEA led
> anything. The only thing I said about BEA was:
> "the two companies who couldn't agree to do it together in Tuscany".
>
> Is there anything incorrect about that statement? I'm willing to be
> corrected if I'm wrong.

Paul, I was responding to the general theme. Comments on this thread
have included "The BEA committers left Tuscany and created a fork
elsewhere" and "BEA pulls off and starts a fork." I have heard it
said elsewhere as well that BEA forked Tuscany and I just want to try
and dispel that meme - if anything, Jim from BEA was more hesitant
about splitting than Meeraj and I (who don't work for BEA and never
have).

It wasn't the companies who couldn't agree - it was the individuals.

--
Jeremy