incubator-general mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Thrift
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:45:26 GMT

"Mark Slee" <mslee@facebook.com> writes:

> Anyone have feedback? If no objections are voiced, when would it be
> appropriate for us to move forward with a VOTE thread on this?

Sorry for not responding.  I flagged the email when I first saw it but
didn't have time to respond.

Overall the proposal is solid and I think Thrift would be a great
Apache project.  The issues of committer diversity should be handled
during incubation.  I also agree with others that you'll find there's
really no need to introduce internal commit barriers.  This sort of
problem tends to work out on its own.  However, if there are real
concerns about this, it can done.

git could be an issue.

Finally, I'd love to help mentor this, but I'm already mentoring two
other projects.  I would like to at least lurk on the mailing lists.
I'm doing some Facebook app development now and I'd like to better
understand some of the code that's running behind those servers.

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁          cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905