incubator-general mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CouchDB incubator project
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:24:19 GMT
Sam Ruby <> writes:

> The original source for this proposal can be found at
> and a current snapshot is attached below.  Once we have established
> that there is interest, my plan is to move this content over to
> as a [PROPOSAL].
> I've been watching CouchDB since September, and believe that it would
> fit well in the ASF.  My preference is that it exits as a top level
> project, mainly due to my experience with umbrella PMCs, but I would
> otherwise not be adverse to it joining the DB project.  We certainly
> do not need to decide this now.

I really wish I had the time to help mentor this directly, but instead
I'll probably have to lurk on the list.

CouchDB caught my eye back in March of last year, but Damien had just
joined MySQL at the time and wasn't interested in changing the license
from GPL.  Glad to see it make it to the incubator.

  J Aaron Farr        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁     [HK] +852 8123-7905

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message