incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Process Question: Draft Mentors Onto IPMC...? [WAS: [docs] Started pre-drafting]
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2008 03:02:35 GMT
On Jan 12, 2008 6:10 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin <
robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2008 2:00 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 1, 2008 4:58 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
> > <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On Dec 31, 2007 9:14 PM, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com>
> wrote:
>
> <snip>

> > > +1
> > >
> > > get cracking :-)
> >
> > i've started to pull something together by writing up what i need to
> > do to set RAT up. see
> > http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#bootstrap. it's at a
> > very early stage. i'll try to update as i go rather than wait and
> > write up. so feel free to jump in with patches.
>
> 1. IIRC mentors are drafted onto the IPMC. do i recall correctly?

Yep, although that's subject to a vote so they could be rejected. Unless
they're members.

2. or, is it just that mentors who are members need to ask for
> themselves to be added?

That too I think. Members and non-members are two different cases. A non
member can mentor as well as long as there's also a member mentor for the
podling.

> 3. does this need to be the first step in podling creation?

Dunno, the timing is tricky because if the candidate is not a member (like I
was) he/she needs to be voted IPMC first. I guess if he/she gets rejected
then a new mentor can be found to get the minimum of 3.

Matthieu