incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Thrift
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:54:08 GMT
On Jan 30, 2008 2:24 AM, Mark Slee <mslee@facebook.com> wrote:
> What we'd really
> like to set up here is a system where there are different people with
> committer priveleges to different parts of the project.

I'm not a huge fan of this, but I love the rest of the proposal, so +1
to it!  I'm also happy to help as a mentor if one is still needed.

Maybe the easiest approach is to take the leap of faith now, and enter
incubation with a single committer pool.  Then as time progresses, we
can think about this further.  As Erik noted, there's precedence, e.g.
the httpd project itself, but we'd like to keep that an exception
rather than the rule.

Yoav