incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: package names (was Re: PLEASE READ: package names, trademarks and legal advice)
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 05:23:49 GMT
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> [...]

Please note: I did not make the above statement.  You quoted me quoting
someone else.  Any legal advice would have to come from the ASF Legal
Committee in consultation with ASF legal counsel.  I don't know how to make
this point any clearer.

> so, does this mean:
> - during incubation the packages should be renamed to org.apache.* but
>   not on the start?
> - is org.apache.* an exit criteria ? I think yes

We've already been through this many times, with Roller, Wicket and others,
so I'd go back and look to see how we handled it there --- and DOCUMENT IT.
And, yes, I agree that switching to the o.a. package space is a graduation
requirement at the very least.

	--- Noel