incubator-general mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <chris.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject [VOTE] publish Tika 0.1-incubating
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2007 19:20:13 GMT
Hi Incubator PMC:

The Tika community voted on and has approved a proposal to release
Tika 0-1 incubating. Pursuant to the Releases section of the Incubation
Policy and with the endorsement of Jukka Zitting, one of our mentors we
would now like to request the permission of the Incubator PMC to publish the
tarball on the Tika Download page.

I'd also like to request on behalf of the Tika community that
/www/www.apache.org/dist/incubator/tika, be used as the warehouse for Tika
releases. I apologize for creating this directory ahead of time, without
asking the PMC: it's simply due to this being my first time as an incubator
release manager, and I assure you, it will not happen again.

Please vote by 6 PM PST Wednesday, 1/3/2008.

Thanks!

Proposal:
http://www.nabble.com/Tika-0.1-update-to14452777.html

Vote result:
http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Tika-0.1-incubating-Release-Candidate-2-to14522
857.html

Download page:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/tika

(will update http://incubator.apache.org/tika/ to have link to above on left
hand navigation bar)

Releases section of the Incubation Policy:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

Thanks!

Cheers,
 Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chris.Mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
Cognizant Development Engineer
Early Detection Research Network Project
Office: 171-266B                     Mailstop:  171-246