incubator-general mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Automated Release Audit Reports [Re: Release Audit Report 2008-01-29]
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 00:15:17 GMT
On 30.01.2008, at 21:29, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> you probably have noticed a number of emailed audit reports (see
> below). i've been doing some testing (apologies for the SPAM) but
> think that everything's working ok now.
>
> 1. frequency: weekly? biweekly? monthly?

Maximum one per week I'd say; bi-weekly is also fine but monthly is
probably too rare.

> 2. format: too long? too short?

What Jukka said; but the link can stay as an alternative.

> 3. web page: too concise? too verbose?

An overview page linking to all the previous reports (ok, autoindex
works too but isn't as nice)...?

> opinions appreciated
>
> improvements and suggestions also welcomed (other than learning how to
> write python properly ;-)

Maybe make also sure to not send anything if there's nothing to
report... (I know it's useful to see that it's still there and still
working but we don't need to spam the whole list then.)

Nice work!

Cheers,
Erik