incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: About signing CLA for code donors in incubating projects
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:12:54 GMT
Hi Antonio,

If the contributor signs a CLA and then herself commits the code to
the Apache repository, it's ok.

If the contributor signs a code grant and then attaches the code to a
JIRA, it's ok.

If the contributor signs a code grant and then emails the code to the
project, it's ok but not preferred.

One way or the other, the contributor must sign a legal grant of
license to Apache.

Craig