incubator-general mailing list archives

From Frank Barnaby <Frank.Barn...@Sun.COM>
Subject Uploading Releases to
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 22:26:36 GMT

Hi folks,

I've found some information regarding the need to distribute incubating
releases through
and have read a readme in the dist/incubator directory, which states
I should consult this mailing list before populating the dist area.

I have confirmed that I have write access to the dist/incubator
but must I go through some formal process to request a distribution
It's clear that each distribution bundle must be accompanied by a
signature file (eg,, a set of check sum files (*.md5 and
a KEYS file, and a README.html (including the incubating disclaimer
and info
about the release).  What's unclear is whether a formal process exists
and which
subdirectories are required: doc, binaries, source, patches, etc...

I've found very little documentation at the web
so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message