incubator-general mailing list archives

From Frank Barnaby <Frank.Barn...@Sun.COM>
Subject Uploading Releases to apache.org/dist/incubator
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 22:26:36 GMT

Hi folks,

I've found some information regarding the need to distribute incubating
releases through www.apache.org/dist/incubator/podling-name
(ie, people.apache.org:/www/www.apache.org/dist/incubator/podling-name)
and have read a readme in the dist/incubator directory, which states
that
I should consult this mailing list before populating the dist area.

I have confirmed that I have write access to the dist/incubator
directory,
but must I go through some formal process to request a distribution
directory?
It's clear that each distribution bundle must be accompanied by a
corresponding
signature file (eg, foo.zip.asc), a set of check sum files (*.md5 and
*.sha),
a KEYS file, and a README.html (including the incubating disclaimer
and info
about the release).  What's unclear is whether a formal process exists
and which
subdirectories are required: doc, binaries, source, patches, etc...

I've found very little documentation at the incubator.apache.org web
site,
so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Frank