incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] NoNameYet : Link Error - please use this link
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:02:03 GMT
Kelvin, NoNameProposers

Maybe no-one has responded yet because no-one wants to ask the hard
questions! So here I go:

Perhaps you can explain why this effort isn't being rolled into the
Tuscany work.

There are some obvious reasons why I am confused by this proposal:

1. Tuscany already has the objective of producing code for SDO, and
already has code for SDO.
2. Tuscany was another proposal to the IPMC predominantly coming from
IBM and BEA employees.
3. The BEA committers left Tuscany and created a fork elsewhere
3. Tuscany has been identified as lacking diversity.

Why will this project gain diversity when Tuscany is finding it hard?
This move seems designed to make it even harder for both Tuscany and
NNYP to get diversity by splitting the pool of potential committers
even more thinly.

I did read the paragraph on the relationship to Tuscany but I'm afraid
I came out more confused.

I'm sure there are more hard questions but I think that's enough to be
going on with.

Regards,
Paul

--