incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Process Question: Draft Mentors Onto IPMC...? [WAS: [docs] Started pre-drafting]
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 23:17:37 GMT
The wording in the Policy was deliberately non-procedural, as the
Incubator PMC decided that policy belongs in the policy document and
process belongs elsewhere. So as far as I'm concerned, this discussion
is not supposed to have an answer.

So Bill's analysis is as valid as anyone else's. I'd suggest that one
of the discussion issues for a proposal for a new podling is to look
at the proposed Mentors and discuss whether the proposed Mentors
should be voted into the incubator PMC before the proposal itself is
voted on. Not policy, mind you. Just something for those who know to
know.

Craig